Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Plastic scenery crowdfunder from Troublemaker Games.

Post subject: Re: Plastic scenery crowdfunder from Troublemaker Games.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ben

Any chance of getting a pic of a 6mm mini next to the door and also next to the double archway openings on these if possible chap ;) Need some doors and archways for my dungeon quest side project :) and these look like they fit the bill, just need a scale reference ;D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Got my stuff today! Really tempted to build it. I have one questuon though, do you think it would look good to have gothic walls and cyberhive roofs? I Prefer gohtic so I would like to get as many gothic buildings as I can, but I dont know if it would lool decent. your opinion guys?

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

epic wrote:
Ben

Any chance of getting a pic of a 6mm mini next to the door and also next to the double archway openings on these if possible chap ;) Need some doors and archways for my dungeon quest side project :) and these look like they fit the bill, just need a scale reference ;D

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
dung.jpg
dung.jpg [ 153.46 KiB | Viewed 21708 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

McJakub wrote:
Got my stuff today! Really tempted to build it. I have one questuon though, do you think it would look good to have gothic walls and cyberhive roofs? I Prefer gohtic so I would like to get as many gothic buildings as I can, but I dont know if it would lool decent. your opinion guys?

I think if you use the sides of the Cyberhive panels that don't have ladders on them, they'll make for great roof tiles.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:12 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Mine came today! Got 8 buildings out of 30 sprues and 5 domes with 12 arch pieces left over at the moment. I might add them around here and there. Got 2x Square, 2x "L", 2x "T", 1x "U", and 1x "X" out of it. I won't know if I have enough buttresses until I finish assembly but I think I'm going to be short for what I want to do.

If anyone doesn't want theirs let me know!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
Mine came today! Got 8 buildings out of 30 sprues and 5 domes with 12 arch pieces left over at the moment. I might add them around here and there. Got 2x Square, 2x "L", 2x "T", 1x "U", and 1x "X" out of it. I won't know if I have enough buttresses until I finish assembly but I think I'm going to be short for what I want to do.

If you've some spare arches, I wonder if a little judicious slicing with a knife wouldn't give you some extra slightly more ornate buttresses, for use at doorways and other focal points...?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Assembled my stuff today! The process itself isnso satisfing, everything fits so well it was a pleasure to connect the tiles.
Also I noticed that making cubes with only 4 sides (no bottom and one side) grately increases amount of possiblities. You can extend smaller buildings with more freedom. I am probably going to order one more mixed hamlet set so I can have a nice town.
Really wonderful product.

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:54 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Vaaish wrote:

If you've some spare arches, I wonder if a little judicious slicing with a knife wouldn't give you some extra slightly more ornate buttresses, for use at doorways and other focal points...?

That's a good idea. I've got a bunch of spare arches at the moment but I'm a bit reticent to chop them up quite yet. I need to assemble the buildings though and I may use some of them to make a few courtyards attached here or there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Should we have gotten a shipping notice for this? So far I haven’t had any indication that mine is on its way (to the states).

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've not sent out shipment notices, but all except 5 last boxes are now dispatched. If you want to send a pm with your relevant human ID I'll check on yours for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PM sent.

Thanks for checking.

I’m not impatient or anything, just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong.

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In relation to the email about what next, I would love to see some a dedicated cyberhive sprue. One nice thing about cyberhive tiles, which is not so true of the gothic tiles, is that having some blank cyberhive tiles would arguably be a good thing. It allows you to put on your own bits to create much more variety. For example, you could put on stuff likes these https://shop.groundzerogames.co.uk/15mm ... tings.html or these http://thesceneuk.com/product-category/ ... and-stuff/ (or some of the doors from the same website). Naturally, troublemaker could make specific accessories for these new tiles. So if you did a sprue of 4 tiles, there would be a total of 8 sides and I think you would only need fill in 6 of the sides and have two blank, hence would save money compared to all 8 sides being done.

Beyond that, I would love some larger tiles. Ideally double size (so 10cm square) so they can work with the existing ones. They potentially make some great floor tiles. Imagine you wanted to do a zone mortalis style set up (not using the exact same layout of walls but the general idea of tiles with terrain on them), each 10cm could be a base and then you could add on your own terrain (like some of those posted above, or handmade stuff) to create a 15mm, 10mm or 6mm terrain tile. Of course, such 10cm tiles would be great for 28mm.

I have lots of plans (who know how many will be realised). I am thinking creating a 28mm Necromunda canal in a similar manner to these https://yaktribe.games/community/thread ... rain.4066/ and I am thinking about creating a 6mm or even 3mm harbour setup, and finally I was thinking the tiles would be great for an ash wastes setup, the tiles acting as hive walls whilst you would have shanty towns around their base. Any tiles with sufficient versatility that they might see use in these or similar projects would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the feedback!

On tile size, I can do a sprue with 2x 10x5cm tiles, but due to the way the flow system is designed, I can't do 1x 10x10cm...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Do a cyberhive kickstarter and I'm in!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

10 X 5cm would be great. It would allow some alternative designs not possible with 5cm by 5cm whilst still being compatible with anyone whom wanted to build 5cm high stuff.

I would also be up for a cyberhive crowdfunder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next