Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next

Troublemaker Games Crowdfunder #2

Post subject: Troublemaker Games Crowdfunder #2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Soft launch time!

http://igg.me/at/6mmArmies2/x/1434646

Let's get a few bids in (or not!) before we spread the promotional net....

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Troublemaker Games Crowdfunder #2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

1. Pledged :)
2. We need a new signature graphic for fund #2
3. Time to the news out to various boards for 6mm/epic/Aeronauticsa Imperialis
4. Add a note to the prior campaign to the new one

PS what gives with AI board at warseer? Everything posted about alternative models and proxies is gone. Do we have some serious douchey mods or something there?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:58 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

There's some way that old threads get flushed out I think. They're still available to a search, but not visible to a casual glance. At least i think that's how it works.

My opinion of some of the mods is not relevent to this discussion.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And we're off again :) Looking forward to fightercraft and cog-wielding technofanatics.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ahhhh I can see the filter now. Not really jumps out at you on a mobile (which is what I use for warseer). Performed some borderline thread necro ;D and hopefully it scares up some notice. Someone should pop over to the epic board and do the same.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool to see these! Good work Ben :) The Droghur looks AMAZING and good on you for doing interior detail! How does it compare size-wise to the old epic ork Landa? I'll be particularly interested if it could be a good truescale proxy, large enough to look like it could actual carry 50 odd skinners plus gobblers.

Nice naming with the Spitefire :)

I know there were delays but I've not really been keeping up; did the plastics from the last indiegogo get sorted and sent out already? People will be more likely to contribute if they have their models from the previous indiegogo. You should update the photo on the old indiegogo to show the final sprue you ended up with rather than the hoped for one? (if it lets you change it at this point).

The idea has potential but I don't like the current Cybershadows models that much and think they could be improved upon. The length of their coats in particular - they just look like regular soldier guard with hoods (and lots of us already have lots of regular soldier guard). Could they be altered to have their coats go down a lot lower so their boots are only half visible? They'd look more like secretive shadowy robed types then. Since they'd likely be well equipped maybe as well as the heavy one of the 5 could have a special weapon too ideally; something like a plasma weapon?

The pairs of power claws on the top three servitors are just comical too - they're huge and clunky like something on a young child's toy and don't look like they could actually work. They remind me of the ones on the terrible epic servitor model, surely you could do better than that? Particularly since they're mostly joined to the body anyway couldn't they be done a bit thinner, better proportioned and better detailed than that? The cybershadow with cable arm between his legs would look better if the arm were a bundle of 3-6 cables rather than one big one too, even it could only faintly be seen. The blade-heads of the axes carried by the Cybershadows would look better a bit bigger too.

Perhaps it'd be a more practical design if the heavy guns had either a chair or a small platform on the back for the gunner to stand on rather than him having to walk? My ex-boss had a Dingo digger like that which looked something like this.

The bare heads on the Heavy Cyborg are a bit of an obvious unarmoured target, compared to everything else so thickly covered. It's a subtle thing but maybe some or all of them should just have skulls left rather than regular human faces? It'd look creepier and reinforce they're ages and destroyed biology if they lack noses and skin. They're background seems to suggest this in saying 'Often, little will remain of their original forms other than their skulls, brains, and shreds of nervous system'.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I will be buying skinner airplanes like a madman!!

I agree with GlynG on most of the critisism of the cybershadows though...

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice start a tenth of the way in less than a day. :)

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
Cool to see these! Good work Ben :) The Droghur looks AMAZING and good on you for doing interior detail! How does it compare size-wise to the old epic ork Landa? I'll be particularly interested if it could be a good truescale proxy, large enough to look like it could actual carry 50 odd skinners plus gobblers.

I don't know how large the GW Epic Ork Landa is, but the Droghur Shuttle is has a length of 9.4cm and a wingspan of 7cm.

Quote:
I know there were delays but I've not really been keeping up; did the plastics from the last indiegogo get sorted and sent out already? People will be more likely to contribute if they have their models from the previous indiegogo.

All of the metals are dispatched, which is why this crowdfunder is only going to be for metal models.

I'm expecting to have the samples of the plastics with me before the end of the month, and assuming I'm happy with the sprue we'll be sending out the main plastic sets soon after.

Quote:
you should update the photo on the old indiegogo to show the final sprue you ended up with rather than the hoped for one? (if it lets you change it at this point).

Sensible.

Quote:
The idea has potential but I don't like the current Cybershadows models that much and think they could be improved upon. The length of their coats in particular

I can change that.

Quote:
Since they'd likely be well equipped maybe as well as the heavy one of the 5 could have a special weapon too ideally; something like a plasma weapon?

Can also upgrade weaponry.

Quote:
The pairs of power claws on the top three servitors are just comical too - they're huge and clunky like something on a young child's toy and don't look like they could actually work.

Anything smaller probably won't matter print properly. I could have a go at shrinking them since I've already printed masters once.

Quote:
the cybershadow with cable arm between his legs would look better if the arm were a bundle of 3-6 cables rather than one big one too, even it could only faintly be seen.

Doubt you'd see it but could do that.

Quote:
The blade-heads of the axes carried by the Cybershadows would look better a bit bigger too.

ok.

Quote:
Perhaps it'd be a more practical design if the heavy guns had either a chair or a small platform on the back for the gunner to stand on rather than him having to walk?

We discussed this during sculpting and decided to go with the non-platform style. It means that the vehicle can be smaller, more like a GW "Rapier" than a full field gun.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Added a link to the funder on the FWC site forum hopefully you should get a few interested participants from there.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:15 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Evil and Chaos wrote:
GlynG wrote:

I don't know how large the GW Epic Ork Landa is, but the Droghur Shuttle is has a length of 9.4cm and a wingspan of 7cm.

FYI GW Ork landa is 6.5cm long and has a 4.2cm wingspan, it's about 2cm wide along the fuselage, so this will be quite a bit bigger.....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What Glyn would consider truescale, then. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Awesome info! The GW landa is way to small!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some beautiful stuff there !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How many planes come per squadron?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next