Login |  Register |  FAQ

Epic 40,000: The Titan Project

Post subject: Epic 40,000: The Titan Project
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Are any of my conspirators from The Titan Project still on this list?

When we added to the list of Titan weapons (mostly be trading off range and firepower), we didn't write down which might represent what weapons. We probably did that on purpose, but now I'm wishing we had. I might pick some weapons by how they look, or go back through my 2nd edition / Titan Legions stuff. (Wow, there is a lot of that!) I did find a sheet that labeled the weapons, which I'd forgotten. It was from Adeptus Titanicus, which you can find online.

Anyway, the Titan Project added these. You can see that some weren't completely decided.
Long Range Battery 60 cm 4fp
Medium Range Battery 30cm 12fp
Short Range Battery 15cm 16fp
Destructor battery 45cm 3xAT
Medium Range Destructors 30cm 4xAT?
Plasma Destructor 60cm 3xDR—Titan must be given Immobilized orders (one per titan)
? Carapace Multilasers 15cm rear arc penalty?
?Deathstrike cannon (new name!) ! orders 90cm megacannon? (5th weapon front arc)
Disruptor: 60cm 3xDisrupt

I was curious if anyone remembered assigning these particular variations to any of the specific weapons.

The Project document gave some of the overall approach, and a few other things, described which Firepower articles we liked, etc. I might as well attach it here if you never saw it. It was done on the epic mailing list, prior to Epic Armageddon.

Did anyone make a Titan sheet for Epic 40,000, with the specific chosen weapons labeled on it?

thanks
andy

Attachments:
File comment: The Titan Project
TitanProject.doc [42 KiB]
Downloaded 309 times
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Epic 40,000: The Titan Project
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I got to thinking about this because I decided to unmagnetize my Warlord Titan. I did the first titans with magnets that I'm aware of (I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't really first) a long time ago. But I hadn't used him much. I did see that I wasn't happy with how well the weapons stuck. So I decided to glue on some weapons, and wanted to pick the ones I wanted.

I'd forgotten I'd cut off the pegs and filled the holes, so have to just glue them on. But that seems to work. Since the titan and the weapons were painted, I just need to touch up a bit. There are little washers on places that I didn't want to cut off, but that's just a bit more detail on the alternate mounting locations.

Reminding myself what titan weapons did in Epic 40000, and what some of the alternatives were in The Titan Project, has made me go back and question a part of my 6" hex approach. We loved the hexes in our last game, and I'm finally happy with the movement rates, though I've made them faster with respect to the firing ranges. But one place it is still awkward is things like Megacannon and Vortex Missile. I could say that using a template isn't measuring, and bring those back in. But with movement within hexes being free, I'm afraid we'll start putting figures as far apart within a hex as possible, rather than in the best looking way. I could treat them like I am regular barrages, where I find a way to apply them to the whole hex, while toning down a bit to account for the hex being so much bigger than a barrage template. But these weapons are intended to affect the units under the template, so they would lose a bit of the aiming for a specific spot. I suppose that is still the method most like my approach to hexes in general. Things like Death Rays still affect a specific unit.

Some of this will matter as we play a Warlord vs Eldar Superheavies, to re-learn the War Engine rules and how I'll use them in hexes.

I'd forgotten how much I like these rules.

andy

Profile Send private message